Plate heat exchangers gasket is one of the crucial part for the operation and it needs to consider the elastomeric properties in line with the application.
- An elastomer is composed of a large number of products: polymer, fillers, plasticizers, activator, accelerator, antioxidant…
- The formulation of an elastomer can be optimally improved to achieve desired physical traits including hardness, compression set, heat resistance and chemical properties.
- These parameters must be considered to choose the must appropriate elastomers for a particular gasket application.
- When an elastomer gasket is not used in the proper temperature range, its life can be shortened and leakage can occur.
- Heat plate exchanger gaskets must be designed with consideration of the following physical properties:
- Compression set:
- Tear strength:
- Tensile strength and elongation at break:
Gasket MOC : NBR, NBR-HT, EPDM, EPDM-HT, Viton A, Viton G etc
Make : Almost all makes , we can support. Some of the regular makes are